We Found A Lovebird’s EP, Let’s Start the War, is full of hard-hitting song writing by Larry Lechner. His lyrics slam with in-your-face-no-bullshit-about-life reality. We Found A Lovebird’s band name stings of irony, with songs about illicit affairs, letting opportunities pass you by, and ‘powerlessness’ being a lie we tell ourselves. Don’t expect sweep-you-away love songs with this group. What you can expect is clever lyrics with a unique sound that can’t be compared to anything else. The sound rings a little like British Rock, but that doesn’t even express their unique beats that are fast paced with hard tin-like fusing rhythms.
“Larry here from Vancouver indie band, We Found A Lovebird. Our website link features all 6 songs off our recently released EP ‘Let’s Start The War’. We’ve been getting some great press reaction, airplay support and lots of live shows.”
“Hope you like it.”
1) Two Hours to Kill: Based on an old poster for a ‘Mandrake the Magician’ performance circa 1950’s or so. Apparently, he was from New Westminster and people said ‘he was one of the nicest guys to saw a woman in half!’ Well, it’s either about that or an illicit affair.
2) Biggest of Chunks: The exhilaration of a new relationship and how it improves your appetite for all things.
3) NW on SW Avenue: Day late and a dollar short and you’ve let the opportunities pass you by. Started out as a jam and we just layered it up and sprinkled a few words around. Voila!
4) Shiver: About a guy who’s bluff has been called.
5) Don’t Blame the Times: Bit of a rant this one. I hate it when people claim they are powerless because ‘it’s just the times we’re livin in’. I call bullshit cuz it always boils down to our appetites. Doesn’t it?
6) Give Up the Ghost: A Stonesy-kind-of-jammy-thingy about knowin’ when to fold em.
Shane Impey – Bass, vocals
Kerry MacPherson – Guitar
Barry Warne – Drums
Best way to get a hold of me is email@example.com
Connect with We Found A Lovebird:
“Biggest inspiration hmmmm … transcendence through music.” -Larry Lechner
Upcoming Gigs in Vancouver, BC.:
Mar 8 – Falconetti’s
Mar 14 – Lana Lou’s
Apr 5 – Charqui Grill
As always, thank you for reading Indie It Press and supporting indie artists. ~Leisa Greene AKA Indie It Gal
Category: Indie It Music